ACTIVE TIME: 25 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
1 cup long-grain white rice
1. Cook rice per package directions. In small bowl, 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
whisk together hoisin, lime juice and water; set 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon water
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over 4 tablespoons canola oil,
medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, tossing 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms,
occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about sliced
5 minutes; transfer to a plate.
2 carrots, julienned
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3. Add another 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, then carrots, ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
bell pepper and onion and cook, tossing frequently, ½ pound pork tenderloin,
until vegetables are just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Transfer to plate with mushrooms.
¼ teaspoon salt
4. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over ¼ teaspoon pepper
medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until Thinly sliced scallions, for
browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add hoisin mixture and Toasted sesame seeds, for
cook for 1 minute.
5. Return vegetables to skillet, add bean sprouts (if using) and cook, tossing, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds. PER SERVING: 405 calories, 3.5 g fat (1.5 g saturated), 17 g protein, 305 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrates, 3.5 g fiber
Cook the meatballs and refrigerate for
up to four days. Warm in the microwave or oven along with the tomatoes